- Symphony loves to be as close to Luna as possible. You've seen the picture of her using Luna as a head rest. One night, Symphony decided Luna would also make a good bed. Luna was very tolerant, but looked at me pleading with her eyes for me to get Symphony off of her.
- Luna came to work with me this week and really enjoyed the one-on-one time with me. I appreciated having a dog in the office that knows the routine so well that I don't have to worry about her. The teens I met with that evening loved seeing Luna and gave her plenty of attention.
- Symphony has been playing with the squeaky toys more and more. She especially likes a small toy that rattles and squeaks.
- Luna has been trying to get Symphony to play with her in our tiny yard. When Luna has the zoomies, she wants Symphony to join in. A few times she has mouthed Symphony's neck with no response from Symphony. I think if they were both off leash they could really be fun to watch, but the opportunity to do so has not come up.
- I previously wrote about Symphony's first day at work which was both stressful and fun. Today, I brought Symphony in to work again, but this time it will be her last day at work because...
- Symphony has been adopted!
Tomorrow, I will be taking Symphony and Luna to a Meet & Greet where she will be adopted by her new family. If all goes well (and I'm sure it will), Symphony will be going off to live with a very nice man and his 11 year old male greyhound. In addition to adopting Flying Symphony, the new owner will be adopting Flying Loveable, a black brood mom from the same kennel as Symphony.
Mike and I are so excited to see her go to such a fantastic home, but we will miss her. In fact, during the phone interview the adopter asked me if we were planning to keep Symphony. I think he sensed that we really love this girl. While we think Symphony is just a fantastic dog, it's a little too crowded in our home for us to all be comfortable. Until we move to a bigger place, we will be a one dog family with the occasional foster. She is going to make her new family's life so wonderful and we look forward to seeing her at all the greyhound events.