Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Luna Inspired Poetry

When I was little I wanted to be a poetry writer.  For several years, I did pretty well at writing many different poems.  During one of my free moments last week I decided to take a stab at writing some poetry based on Luna.  Here is what I came up with.

Luna
Loving
Unusual gait
Notorious snacker
Attention hog


Napping Dog
Fur warmed by sunbeam
With a sigh I close my eyes
Inner peace is found


Anticipation
An open field calls
Heart pounding and eyes sparkling
Deep breath and I run


Luna is a wealth of inspiration.  I will have to find time to write a few more poems.

2 comments:

Those Brindle Kids said...

Luna is such a sweetie for sharing her home with Symphony and getting her started on a good life of retirement. She's the perfect subject for a poem or two, or three, or four .... :)

Unknown said...

köpek mama