Friday, September 16, 2011

Building Stamina

Earlier this week, I had some extra time and Luna really wanted to do something.  She kept looking at me with those eyes asking me to take her somewhere fun.  So we headed over to Sunset Lake for an hour long walk.  We stopped only once to explore Hickory Dock and watch the birds coming in and out of the cattails.  It was a really nice day to spend with the puppy.

I thought that the walk would tire Luna out for the rest of the evening, but I was wrong.  After just a few hours she was ready for another adventure.  Since it was cool out and I did not have much going on I decided to make her usual evening walk a lot longer. 

In total, Luna and I walked 2.5 miles which may not seem like a lot, but it was for us.  When I first adopted Luna I had forgotten that racing greyhounds need to practice walking long distances.  An easy 1 mile walk was brutal for her.  Now, she can easily keep up on longer distances.  I guess that means I need to start building up my stamina so we can keep going.

No comments: