Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Every Day a Little Stronger

Mike gives Luna plenty of cuddle time.
Things are going really well.  Luna is improving so much that it is hard to keep the posts current.  I'll do my best to sum up where we are at this time.

Luna has been sitting up on her own regularly and will even put herself into a sit when we are getting ready to take her out for a potty break.  All her legs are growing stronger, even the back left which has been the most trouble.  She still knuckles over on both left feet, but she is able to put some weight on all four legs.  In fact, tonight was the first time I tried taking Luna outside for a potty break on my own.  I was surprised at how well she was able to hold herself up if I got all four feet flat and let her lean on me for support.  I'm so proud of her!

Another great improvement is she is now able to sleep most of the night without waking us up.  When it was the worst, she was waking us up every forty minutes to be flipped.  Two nights ago she only woke me up twice with two hours in between.  Last night she woke me up once for a quick flip.

We have done some light training with her to keep her mentally active.  Her favorites are "paw", picking up her dumbbell, and giving me "nose" (she bops my fingers with her nose).  I will try to get a video of us training.  In the mean time, here is a video of how we flip Luna from one side to the other.  Sorry for the strange background noise.

6 comments:

genji said...

That is awesome news! She can't get back to full health fast enough.

terriknits said...

awww, Luna! Good girl! I hope she is even stronger tomorrow! And the day after. And the day after ...

Declan said...

What a Daddies girl & so patient. I might have tried to play bitey face with Mum if she tried that with me! Deccy x

Two Greyhound Town said...

Luna, you are beautiful! Keep up the good work!

Sue said...

She is such a good girl.

Turning her doesn't seem to cause any pain, so that's good.

Hope to hear more good news tomorrow.

houndstooth said...

She looks like such a good little patient! I love seeing her sweet little face, too. She knows you love her!