Saturday, January 14, 2012

Visiting Amber

Mike and I were away with family this past week so Luna stayed with Amber, Mike's parents' dog.  We are so thankful that Amber has accepted Luna into her very select group of doggy friends.  Luna spent a lot of time following Amber around the house and yard.  They make a very cute pair.

I didn't hear too many reports, but I understand that Luna was a bit pushy with Amber.  When Amber was getting attention, Luna would muscle in and get herself between Amber and the petting.  Eventually, Amber retreated upstairs where she stayed most of the week so she could have a break.  Poor Amber.

Even though it was cold, Luna did enjoy some time outside.  She was able to go for a few short walks in the neighborhood and stroll around the fenced in yard.  To help Luna with the stairs leading to the deck, Mike's father built her a ramp.  She was very eager to show off her ramp skills when we got home.

Sadly, I did not get to stay at home very long before I had to leave on another trip.  This time, Mike stayed home to watch Luna.  This will be a great time for them to bond.  I'll be back soon, but I sure will miss them both.

2 comments:

houndstooth said...

I hate having to leave home without the dogs! I hope your trip goes well!

Sue said...

Hope your trip goes well.

Nice than Amber accepts Luna.