Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Where Have We Been?

In my last post I said you would hear from me again when my sanity returned.  Well, I guess my sanity may never return (or did I have any to begin with), but it's time for me to get back into my regular routine.

Luna, Mike, and I have been crazy busy in the last two weeks.  Mike has been working long and irregular hours.  I have been pretty much living at the 4-H Fairgrounds as we set-up, put on, and cleaned up the Fair. Luna was a good sport through the whole experience and was rewarded with a special trip (more on that later).

First the 4-H Fair.  Last year the weather set new records with 110 degree heat.  Yikes!  This year we prayed for cooler temperatures which were answered with all day rain on Friday.  Bummer.  Everyone was wearing sweaters, rain boots, and disappointment.  We hardly had any fairgoers which made keeping our spirits up very difficult.  An hour before Fair officially ended (not like it really mattered) we started a line dance party in the middle of the Fairgounds.  The kids had so much fun and were warm for the first time all day!  We decided to have a surprise flash mob during the last two days of Fair.  They were a big success.  A new tradition has been born.

But back to Luna.  I brought her to the Fair on Saturday which was just about as perfect a day as you can get.  She hung out with my co-workers and me in the Cloverbud Corner, a hands-on activity area for children in grades K-3.  It comes as no surprise that she was a big hit with the kids.  When she was not greeting the kids, she was taking in the sights and smells of the Fair.  We stopped by Tom the turkey who Luna ignored until he gobbled.  At that point she just about lost her mind and started barking up a storm.  Tom was not impressed.

I took Luna home in the afternoon because our Friday night fireworks had been postponed to Saturday.  There was no way I was going to open that can of worms.  Luna was so exhausted from her day at the Fair that Mike said she collapsed on her pillow and slept.

So what was Luna's big reward for putting up with our busy schedules?  Find out in the next post. :-)


Hiking Hounds said...

Sounds like it was a fun weekend. I would have loved to see the look on Luna's face when the turkey gobbled.

gyeong said...

Bet she had a blast. We took our kids to the local fair a few years ago. So many new smells.