1. When did you begin your blog?
- Shortly after adopting Luna in July 2011.
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog?
- I wanted to document the change in Luna from track dog to retired pet. I also wanted to share pictures and stories of Luna with friends and family.
3. Is your current purpose the same? If not, what’s different? If so, how do you feel you’ve met your goals?
- The answer this question is kind-of-sort-of. My goal of sharing Luna's life as she adjusted to home life was met. The blog now focuses on how Luna continues to live a full and happy life after her accident. My goal is to share her story of triumph over adversity and to brighten others' days.
4. How often do you post?
- Originally, I posted twice a week. That was ambitious, but I had a lot to talk about in the beginning. After Luna's accident, I had to post every day otherwise I received emails and comments from people all over the world who were concerned about Luna. Now that things have settled down, I try to post at least once a week unless there is something significant to report.
5. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you?
If you publish on a schedule, why? How strict are you about your publishing deadlines? What do you do for inspiration when it feels like you’ve covered every topic?
- I sort of have a schedule. I like to see that I've posted at least once a week. If I notice too much time in between posts I force myself to sit down and write something. For inspiration, I look through my phone's pictures. More often than not there is a story behind my pictures that I want to share.
6. How much time do you spend writing your blog per week? How much time visiting other blogs? Share your tips for staying on top of it all.
- How much time I spend on each post depends entirely on the post. Usually, I spend less than an hour (maybe a half hour). I want to keep my posts easy to read, lighthearted, and fun. When it comes to visiting other blogs, I read new posts as often as I can. I love keeping up with what others are writing about. Please keep sharing new stories!
7. How do you measure the success of a post and of your blog in general (comments, shares, traffic)?
Do you look strictly at the numbers, or do you have a way of assessing the quality of those interactions?
- I guess I measure success by the comments left behind and the number of steady readers. It's nice to see big numbers on some posts, but I prefer hearing what my readers think of each post. I just wish it was easier to respond to everyone's comments and suggestions.
8. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one issue you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
- How do you take decent pictures and video?! There are so many things I would love to share, but either my camera becomes a problem or Luna is camera shy when I get it working. Argh!
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2013?
- I'd like to keep up a steady blogging schedule. I think Luna, Mike and I should also have more adventures so we can report on shops, tourist spots, parks, and other things to do in NJ.