Thursday, March 8, 2012

Busy Life

Luna has every right to be tired tonight.  She has had a very long and very full day.

I decided to take Luna with me for my morning run around our local neighborhood lake.  She enjoyed being outside and seeing other dogs and people including my dad who was out for his morning walk.  Once again she tired early and was forcing me to drag her a bit.  Funny thing though, if she sees a squirrel or my dad in the distance she suddenly finds some extra energy and is eager to go.  So is falling behind just an act or is she really tired?  Hmmm...  I mentioned this to my dad and he reminded me why he had so much trouble doing his power walks with greyhounds.  "They have two speeds; on and off.  It is really hard for them to just do a steady pace."

The next adventure was a ride to the auto repair shop to pick up my car.  You could tell that Luna was happy to have her regular seat back since riding in Dad's van was not very comfortable.  We then visited the local 4-H center where I have previously worked.  Everyone was very happy to meet Luna and see how well she has improved.  Luna enjoyed all the attention, but was very concerned about the reflection of a dog she saw in the demo kitchen's ceiling mirror.  How did that dog get up there?

Finally, we headed into work and Luna settled very well in my office.  In fact, I had to run an errand for work and had to leave Luna in my office for 30 minutes.  I tied her leash to my desk (extremely heavy), gave her a rawhide, and asked one of my co-workers to just keep an eye on her if she got restless.  There was no need to worry because she had been a perfect angel.  The model office dog.  The rest of the day was spent in the office I will be moving into so Luna just chilled in the middle of the floor while I rearranged furniture and cleaned.

As if this all wasn't enough, tonight we are going to physical therapy.  I'm not sure if Luna will have the energy to keep her head above water.  I'm glad I got to spend all day with her and that she was so well behaved.  I am so lucky to have a dog that can handle all of these adventures so well.

2 comments:

genji said...

My guys took a nap in Luna's honor after they heard how hectic her day was :)

Auntie M said...

Luna is one very lucky dog. To be able to spend as much time as she does with her Momma, go places, do things.......paradise!