Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bland diet

Without going into too much detail, Luna has been put on a very strict diet of boiled chicken and brown rice.  She has not been throwing up or anything too serious so the vet and I suspect this is due to stress or possibly a sensitive stomach.  We only adopted her two and a half weeks ago so it is quite possible that this sudden change was too much for her system to handle. 

I want her to get better soon not only because I want to be able to feed her regular dog food, but I want to get started on some serious training.  She is so clearly food motivated and I know our training will be much easier once I start using the "good" treats.  Right now I can only work with the leftover chicken, which she is happy about, but it is limited in quantity.

No comments: