Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's off to work we go!

 The air conditioner broke this past week, but luckily it has been relatively cool with low humidity.  Luna, Mike and I were able to survive with just open windows and fans (the small animals left to stay at my parent's house).  However, things have changed and the weather is taking a turn for the ugly.  Today it was in the 90's and this weekend is starting to look pretty bad.  While Mike works at getting the air conditioner repaired, Luna has been coming with me to work at 4-H.  She is getting a lot of practice in with her "stay" command as I am frequently leaving my desk to go down the hall.  Since we got her she has been my "Velcro" dog, always trying to stay right next to me.  I was afraid that this would turn into separation anxiety so I've been trying to leave her for short periods of time.  Work is the perfect opportunity to practice being left alone.  She is really doing great.

This is Luna's desk.
We can see squirrels from here!
Luna sticks her tongue out at emails.

1 comment:

houndstooth said...

Luna is beautiful! I teach Pre K and sometimes Bunny comes to school with me for part of the day. She loves it, but it wears her out! lol I'm glad to see that Luna got to go and enjoy the cool air at work with you. I'm not sure where you are, but it's been so darned hot here for the last month, we're all starting to worry we'll forget what it's like to enjoy being outside!